People of Color Blog Too (25 Christian Blogs You Should Be Reading)

The first thing I noticed about the 25 Christian Blogs You Should Be Reading (Reader’s Choice 2013) list is that I’m the only person of color on the list. Apparently, the thousands of people who voted in this poll don’t read the challenging, insightful and prophetic blog posts that people of color generate on a regular basis.

The results of this poll are unsurprising and definitely not a fluke. Rather, they are indicative of the larger problem of privilege within American Christianity. Incidentally, I wrote about this very issue just last month:

There’s so much talk of a “new evangelicalism” that is younger, more diverse, less rigid and more open to different viewpoints than the old evangelicalism. But I can’t help but notice that the largest, more influential platforms within this so-called new evangelicalism typically give voice to people who have long had a voice. Representatives from the same group of privileged people who dominated conversations in the 20th century continue to dominate the conversations about current issues such as modesty culture, immigration reform, relevancy in culturally-diverse America, gender issues, and more. Privileged folks – whites, males, the educated/upwardly-mobile, and others who benefit from living in a society that accommodates rather than alienates them – continue to stand front and center in pulpitson blogs and at conferences. Meanwhile, the stories and voices of the disenfranchised, people of color, the informally educated, and the undocumented are woefully underrepresented. The new evangelicalism looks eerily similarly to the old one.

By participating in an evangelical world that mirrors the inequitable power structures of mainstream America, we undermine our Christian witness. More to the point, the fact that privileged folks continue to enjoy the largest voice in evangelical Christianity directly contradicts the example of Jesus, who masterfully used his privileged voice to draw attention to and give voice to the oppressed voices of his day. Jesus used his platform to create space for the bleeding woman to share her story, for the little children to come swap stories with him, and for alienated ethnic minorities to talk about their experiences and perspectives on faith.

In order to reverse this pattern of excluding, ignoring and silencing minority voices, privileged readers must read and promote diverse people.  And privileged bloggers (those who enjoy a large platform) must read and promote diverse people. In that vein, I especially encourage my fellow “top 25-ers” to devote the next year to promoting diverse voices. This is how we steward our (powerful) voices. This is how we emulate Jesus.

So, for your consideration (and in no particular order) –

25 CHRISTIAN BLOGS (WRITTEN BY PEOPLE OF COLOR) YOU SHOULD BE READING

1. Osheta Moore – Shalom in the City

I’m not a mom, but Osheta’s “mommy” blog is so insightful, spiritually-challenging and relevant — even to me, an unmarried, professional woman who was fired as a volunteer nursery worker at church. :)  Read it and laugh, cry and grow. (Um, and her kids are adorable).

2. The AYG List – Inspiration, Lifestyle and Social Commentary

AYG is the beautiful black woman who curates this blog which is a mixture of pop culture commentary, historical perspective, and social justice teaching.  I especially appreciate the way AYG frames issues in Christ-like grace and truth and as well as the way that she celebrates people who are working for good in our society. Plus, she has impeccable style.

3. Julie Park – SHEI SHI NI DE BABA?

Julie is one of my new favorite bloggers! She’s a professor of education who studies how race and religion affect diversity. Her blog is a busy information highway of great articles, videos and visuals on the intersection of race, religion and society.

4. Drew Hart – Taking Jesus Seriously … A Black Anabaptist Perspective

Drew seriously takes Jesus seriously. Whenever you head over there, be prepared to think and be challenged. Even though he often writes about hardcore issues of injustice and real discipleship, he always frames the discussion with hope and peace (like the good Anabaptist that he is). :)

5. Alyssa Bacon-Liu – All Things Beautiful

Alyssa seeks truth with strength and sass. I especially appreciate how she uncovers the subtle but powerful ways that society affects our perceptions of gender. She also mixes in a lot of other diverse topics in a way that keeps you intrigued and wondering what she’s going to blog about next.

6. Thabiti Anyabwile – Pure Church

Pastor Thabiti writes about a wide variety of theological issues – and usually with great thoughtfulness and care. As a longtime pastor of an extremely diverse church in the Cayman Islands, I appreciate the wisdom and maturity around issues of diversity that he often brings to his blog.

7. Peter W. Chin

I appreciate Peter because he tackles challenging, emotionally-charged issues with emotional care and intellectual rigor. Though I don’t know him personally, he seems like the kind of person who can disagree agreeably and we need more people like that in our world.

8. Efrem Smith – Changing the Face of the Church

Efrem’s blog is so money! This is a guy who knows a thing or two about navigating tough issues in our multicultural world. He often provides pop culture commentary, insightful theological analysis and hip-hop love.

9. Grace Biskie – Let the Redeemed of the Lord Tell Her Story

Grace is one of the most honest and transparent bloggers I read. She covers a wide variety of spiritual and relational issues – and always with such wisdom and approachableness. I always want to get a cup of coffee with her after I read her posts!

10. Eugene Cho

A list like this wouldn’t be complete without Eugene Cho – who’s been a strong voice for justice, compassion, diversity, and community development for years. He’s strong, he’s funny and he’s wise.

11. Austin Brown – Sankofa Narratives

Austin is full of grace and truth. She possesses a wealth of knowledge about ushering monocultural organizations into the realities of our 21st century multicultural world. I’ve been especially loving her recent series on Acts 10-11 and true multicultural ministry!

12. Yo Soy Kristy

At Yo Soy Kristy, it’s all about quality over quantity. Even though she doesn’t blog as often as others do, I’m always impressed by the quality of her posts. She often calls people in lay or vocational ministry to deeper discipleship and servanthood.

13. Natasha Robinson – A Sista’s Journey

Natasha is a sista with a huge heart for mentoring women. Her blog is full of encouragement, invitation and challenge. I especially love her “coffee talk” posts on Thursdays!

14. Peter Kihyun Park

Peter is one of the most observant bloggers I know. He writes a lot about multilingual/multicultural worship and always offers little insights that typically go unnoticed by the average church-goer.

15. Rod – World’s Finest Theology Blog

Who doesn’t want to read a blog that integrates politics, race, theology and comics? Rod’s posts are hard-hitting and thoughtful.

16. Robyn Afrik – Afrik Advantage

Robyn is a wonderful educator of justice, reconciliation and multiethnicity. I especially appreciate the insights she brings along the lines of multicultural adoption.

17. Robert Chao Romero

Robert is passionate, passionate, passionate! But he backs up his passion with hard facts. As a pastor and professor of Chicana/o studies and Asian-American studies at UCLA, he deftly weaves social justice, race and Christianity. Check out his information-packed posts!

18. Reformed African-American Network

This blog features a variety of voices, but it consistently presents thoughtful cultural and theological analysis.

19. Enuma Okoro

Enuma is all about embracing an authentic identity. Her posts are reflective, counterintuitive and infused with her own multicultural narrative.

20. Urban Faith

A collective of voices highlighting the intersection of faith and society.

21. Crystal Lewis

Crystal writes about theology, interfaith perspectives and current events. I so appreciate the way that she challenges the boundaries of orthodoxy and invites readers to reconsider long-held assumptions about faith.

22. She Loves Magazine

This blog features a variety of rich perspectives from around the globe.

23. Bruce Reyes-Chow

Bruce’s diverse blog covers faith, Presbyterianism, race and social media. Count on him to provide smart commentary on current events and links to challenging posts on race.

24. Sean Palmer — The Palmer Perspective

Sean writes about Christian growth/discipleship, doing church well and reconciliation. I appreciate that he consistently addresses issues with a fresh take that makes you think twice about how you perceive faith and the world around you.

25. Brian Foulks – Syncopated Hustle

Brian is DEEP. He will throw all kinds of theology and history at you — and you will love him for it.

This list is FAR from complete – please add links to more blogs below!

90 Responses

1. Alvin in Chicago
    Alvin in Chicago August 28, 2013 at 8:00 AM |

Helen Lee: Author, Speaker, Missional Mom

“I’m a Christian author and occasional journalist who writes about Christian parenting, missional living, and the intersection of faith and ethnicity. I’m also a homeschooling mom of three boys, so you can learn about that ongoing journey as well”

Carl Ellis: “Prophets of Culture”

“Cultural analysis from a theological perspective”

1. Helen Lee
      Helen Lee August 28, 2013 at 4:19 PM |

Thank you, Alvin! I need to blog more to be worthy of inclusion, but I really appreciated your thinking of me!

2. Osheta Moore
    Osheta Moore August 28, 2013 at 8:10 AM |

What a great list! I’m so honored to be included. Thanks for introducing me to new bloggers of color. I’m bookmarking this post for next week when school starts. I foresee many hours with my pumpkin spice latte and my iPad. Blessings, Christena!

3. John Richards
    John Richards August 28, 2013 at 8:16 AM |

Thanks for sharing. Know many people on this list. And thanks for including Urban Faith. As managing editor of UF, I’ll be adding some of the folks I am unfamiliar with to my rss feed. Good stuff!

I also have a personal blog on faith, culture, and spiritual discipline: brotherpreacher.com

4. Jason C. Stanley
    Jason C. Stanley August 28, 2013 at 8:19 AM |

Thank you, Christena, for this!

5. Mike B
    Mike B August 28, 2013 at 8:35 AM |

Thank you for this, Christena! I read the Patheos article, feeling really proud to know you, and also quickly noticed that it was a very pale list (good blogs, yes – or at least, probably – but all seemingly having the same voice). I’ve bookmarked your “25″ and will enjoy some new reading.

6. Jeff
    Jeff August 28, 2013 at 9:02 AM |

Given that my blog reading is limited to this blog and two Twins blogs (twinkietown.com and aarongleeman.com), I’m pretty impressed that you can list this many at all :)

7. Rob Shepherd
    Rob Shepherd August 28, 2013 at 9:05 AM |

Great list! You exposed me to a bunch of bloggers I didn’t know. Thanks.

8. Hännah
    Hännah August 28, 2013 at 9:13 AM |

Perplexed why Thabiti is here–his TGC piece last week was one of the most homophobic and unkind pieces about the LGBTQ population that I’ve ever read from a Christian.

9. Luke Geraty
    Luke Geraty August 28, 2013 at 9:17 AM |

For the record, Brian Foulks also blogs at ThinkTheology.org ;)

Shameless plug and all… ha ha ha

10. Geoff Holsclaw (@geoffholsclaw)
    Geoff Holsclaw (@geoffholsclaw) August 28, 2013 at 9:32 AM |

Thanks for this list. I’ve added most of them to Feedly.

11. Hannah Heinzekehr (@hannahbeth16)
    Hannah Heinzekehr (@hannahbeth16) August 28, 2013 at 9:37 AM |

Thank you for this list. I plan to read these myself and will share this list broadly.

12. Kelly J Youngblood
    Kelly J Youngblood August 28, 2013 at 9:39 AM |

I was afraid when I saw this list I’d feel guilty for not knowing who any of them were, but I am happy to see names that I do read either periodically or on a regular basis.

13. Registered Runaway (@Runaway_Writes)
    Registered Runaway (@Runaway_Writes) August 28, 2013 at 9:42 AM |

I’m a little shocked to see Thabiti Anyabwile on this list, seeing as he recently wrote an incredibly hateful post about sexual minorities. I love the others on here, but his inclusion was especially hurtful to me as a gay man. I hope you will take the time to explain exactly what makes him someone we should read, in light of all the hurt he has caused by calling gay people “disgusting”.

14. Krista (@KristaNDalton)
    Krista (@KristaNDalton) August 28, 2013 at 9:52 AM |

I really appreciate this list, Christena, and your work. However I am concerned that you included Thabiti Anyabwile – Pure Church after his oppressive piece last week. We can critique Piatt’s “Top 25″ list as lacking LGBTQ persons as well, and including a known oppressor of this category in your top 25 seems counter-intuitive.

1. Tim
      Tim August 28, 2013 at 10:31 AM |

Krista, I’d have much rather Mr. Anyabwile had written about how to reach people for Christ and his kingdom, no matter their sexual orientation or gender identity.

2. Douglas Owen Collins
      Douglas Owen Collins August 28, 2013 at 12:19 PM |

@KristaNDalton, Thanks for this. As a gay white man, I often feel strangely stuck between movements. I have white privilege, I have male privilege, and I’m gay (and Christian). I often struggle with individuals who are for a liberation of one group and not another. On the same note, I want to be sensitive civil rights for individuals of minority race groups and gender equality because I am not a woman and I am not African American. I always feel like I’m not allowed to say that it frustrates me when someone like Mr. Anyabwile advocates for African Americans and not the LGBT community. I know it’s not the same issue but on some level, I think it is – civil rights for all.

1. Tim
        Tim August 29, 2013 at 8:04 AM |

Interesting you should mention white privilege, Douglas. I posted on that today, how it’s an abomination to God, and on what I should do about it.

Cheers,
        Tim

15. ebonyjohanna
    ebonyjohanna August 28, 2013 at 10:11 AM |

Great list!

16. HolyRoze
    HolyRoze August 28, 2013 at 10:18 AM |

Butterfly Confessions – African american woman blogger who writes about her journey with bipolar disorder and PPD who is also an artist (http://butterfly-confessions.com/)

Embracing My Shadow – African american woman blogger who writes about her expression with depression through the lens of faith and culture (http://embracingmyshadow.com/)

Beautiful Scars – African american woman writer, poet, preacher and blogger who shares about the scars and survival from sexual abuse (http://proverbsthepoet.tumblr.com/)

17. Tim
    Tim August 28, 2013 at 10:20 AM |

I’d add Vivian Mabuni and Trillia Newbell.

Cheers,
    Tim

P.S. Well, as long as we are talking about blogs that might have something to add to the conversation in the body of Christ, I guess I’ll mention that the one written by this pasty white guy is not always that bad.

18. dukeslee
    dukeslee August 28, 2013 at 10:53 AM |

May I add Deidra Riggs from http://www.DeidraRiggs.com? She is brilliant, funny, and a friend to many. She’s managing editor at TheHighCalling.org, and regularly rocks the blogosphere on her own blog. She did an incredible TEDx talk a while back.

Her series “31 Days in My Brown Skin” and her ongoing “Going There” series have encouraged important dialogue about topics of race, ethnicity and culture. She also writes beautifully about motherhood, work, dreams, church, and more.

~ Jennifer Dukes Lee

1. Ashley
      Ashley August 28, 2013 at 11:12 AM |

Agreed!

2. Leigh Kramer
      Leigh Kramer August 28, 2013 at 1:24 PM |

I was going to mention Deidra, too!

3. Janet Rife
      Janet Rife August 28, 2013 at 7:08 PM |

Yes, christena, she will definitely be worth the read! I feel blessed to call her my friend. She continually challenges, encourages, and blesses me. The rwo series Jennifer Dukes Lee cited are full of significant ideas about race and communication.

4. seespeakhearmama
      seespeakhearmama September 2, 2013 at 1:48 AM |

Another nod of agreement for the beautiful words/work of Deidra Riggs. I was introduced to your blog on hers.

19. Bekka
    Bekka August 28, 2013 at 10:57 AM |

Just a note that the link to A Sista’s Journey is broken (it directs to a 404 on your site).

Thank you for these suggestions!

Out of curiosity, are there any writers of aboriginal/native descent in these lists?

20. Brina
    Brina August 28, 2013 at 11:14 AM |

Sammy Adebiyi! Here’s an excerpt from his about section: Sammy grew up in Nigeria. He is currently the Young Adult Pastor at NorthPoint Church. He’s also a national speaker for Food for the Hungry.

21. Emily Joy Allison
    Emily Joy Allison August 28, 2013 at 11:32 AM |

I was really confused about Thabiti Anyabwile’s inclusion as well. I’m super excited about checking out and promoting the other blogs on this list though! Thank you for curating it.

22. Micah J. Murray (@micahjmurray)
    Micah J. Murray (@micahjmurray) August 28, 2013 at 11:47 AM |

Here’s one from a Navajo woman: http://anativeheart.com

23. Ruth
    Ruth August 28, 2013 at 11:54 AM |

Great observations and fantastic list Christena. Others I like to follow:

Alvin Sanders: http://alvinsanders.net/
    David Park: http://nextgenerasianchurch.com
    Anthony Bradley: http://www.dranthonybradley.com

24. Sean Palmer
    Sean Palmer August 28, 2013 at 12:13 PM |

I LOVE your blog and writing. And I’m terribly honored to make your list. It means a great deal. Thank you.

25. Bruce Reyes-Chow (@breyeschow)
    Bruce Reyes-Chow (@breyeschow) August 28, 2013 at 12:51 PM |

Thanks for including me on the list. No list is perfect or complete (a claim which I have actually never hear any blog list make), so while I look forward to how you will respond to the critiques, this is by far the most broadening list I have seen in a while. Thank you.

26. Brian Foulks
    Brian Foulks August 28, 2013 at 1:00 PM |

Thanks Christina and humbled once again by your kind words- an honor.

Your blog has started a national conversation and you are definitely a true thought leader in reconciliation.

27. Sarah Quezada (@SarahQuezada)
    Sarah Quezada (@SarahQuezada) August 28, 2013 at 1:00 PM |

Love this, Christena! Thank you for this list. Several I’ve read, and others I can’t wait to check out.

28. Alyssa | all things beautiful
    Alyssa | all things beautiful August 28, 2013 at 1:02 PM |

Pinching myself that my name is even up there. I so appreciate the acknowledgment.

29. Leigh Kramer
    Leigh Kramer August 28, 2013 at 1:26 PM |

Thank you for putting this list together, Christena! I’m looking forward to perusing a few of these.

30. reimagineimago
    reimagineimago August 28, 2013 at 1:52 PM |

This is awesome Christena, thank you! I appreciate that you did this so much.

31. Micha Boyett
    Micha Boyett August 28, 2013 at 3:31 PM |

Love this list, Christena! I’m a big fan of Grace and Enuma. And as a mom in the city, I’m very excited to check out Osheta’s blog. Thank you for this gentle nudge toward diversity–even in my blog reader. Grateful for you.

1. Osheta Moore
      Osheta Moore August 28, 2013 at 7:30 PM |

Hi Micha, I’m honored you’re thinking about checking out my blog. I’m curious which city you live in? I’m in Boston, but moved here after Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans. But, I’m not from an urban context, I was actually raised in a little town southeast Texas called, Texas City. But, my husband and met and were called to urban ministry at a little bible college in New Orleans. Anyway, I hope you stop by and let me know what you think. I love hearing from other moms raising their kids in the city. Blessings, Osheta

32. Kyle Nolan (@kylejnolan)
    Kyle Nolan (@kylejnolan) August 28, 2013 at 3:43 PM |

“Glad to see urban faith on this list. They’ve got a great new interim managing editor in Nicole Symmonds, who seems to be taking the site in an exciting direction.”

33. Marty Troyer (@ThePeacePastor)
    Marty Troyer (@ThePeacePastor) August 28, 2013 at 3:54 PM |

Love this list! Those I already follow here are favorites,and you’ve added a ton to my Feedly here. Of course your blog is exhibit 1A of good blogs on nearly any list.

I love Calenthia Dowdy over at: http://www.theologicalcurves.com/

34. Keep Dreaming | crazy little thing called love

[...] ****************************************************************** A great place to start listening and learning is to check out Christena Cleveland’s blog Christena also just posted a list of “25 Christian Blogs (written by people of color) that You Should Be Reading” [...]

35. Trish Holland
    Trish Holland August 28, 2013 at 5:00 PM |

Thank you, Christina! This is a wonderful resource for our intentionally racially inclusive congregation New Covenant Fellowship of Austin in Austin, TX. I’ll be sharing this with all our leaders

36. Austin
    Austin August 28, 2013 at 5:34 PM |

Thanks, Christena! So honored to be included among the voices listed above. Thanks for taking the time out to create this list- looking forward to reading many that I haven’t heard of until today!

37. Peter W. Chin (@peterwchin)
    Peter W. Chin (@peterwchin) August 28, 2013 at 6:17 PM |

Whoa. WHOA! This is so cool.

38. RodTRDH--@ politicaljesus.com
    RodTRDH--@ politicaljesus.com August 28, 2013 at 8:20 PM |

Christena,

I am honored to be mentioned alongside other bloggers of Color who write on Christianity. Thank you. I have updated my Feedly and WordPress dashboards accordingly.

39. Difference, Diversity, and Reading Choices: Blog Lists & Popularity Contests | Political Jesus

[...] From the comment section [...]

40. Lindsay
    Lindsay August 28, 2013 at 9:43 PM |

Another one to check out: Brown-Eyed Amazon by Ana Yelsi Sanchez :)

41. Jeff C.
    Jeff C. August 28, 2013 at 10:37 PM |

Thank you for this list, Christena. I appreciate the incredible work you do on this blog.

That said, it strikes me as inappropriate to include Mr. Anyabwile on this list, given his recent hateful comments about our gay brothers and sisters.

I hope you will reconsider your endorsement of his writings.

The peace of Christ be with you.

42. Jemar
    Jemar August 29, 2013 at 4:52 AM |

Thank you for including the Reformed African American Network (RAAN). As one of the co-founders I know we’re constantly searching for more voices around the topics of race, diversity, and Christianity. So I’m enthused about diving into the list you’ve compiled!

43. Brian Foulks
    Brian Foulks August 29, 2013 at 8:55 AM |

Christena, I am going to take you up on your challenge and commit to write a blog on diversity every month. The one thing about writing in that frame is that you first have to unpack all of the nonsense in your life and that type of examination/introspection is hard work…but I accept the challenge.

44. Brian Foulks
    Brian Foulks August 29, 2013 at 8:56 AM |

that should be writing a a blog…sorry

45. Cayce
    Cayce August 29, 2013 at 11:25 AM |

Putting in a plug for a collaborative blog on systemic injustice, race, reconciliation, and faith, Irene’s Daughters, http://irenesdaughters.wordpress.com. We feature a recommended reading section as well as multicultural children’s books and books by authors of color. We’re more active on Facebook these days, too.

46. I Hate Blog Lists or Bruce’s Top 10 Blog List | Bruce Reyes-Chow

[...] Picks. And if you tracked a little further, you also saw Christena Cleveland’s post, People of Color Blog Too, in response to the Readers’ Choice list only including one Person of Color and a [...]

47. LGBTQs are people and christians and like to blog » The Registered Runaway

[...] of which, Chris­tena Cleve­land noted that she was the only per­son of color rep­re­sented on the list and announced that she [...]

48. rob g
    rob g August 30, 2013 at 8:32 AM |

Hi Christena:

Thanks so much for putting together this list.

I’m particularly interested in the themes of exclusion and embrace. Which blogs on the list have that as a significant part of their focus?

49. In which I link you up (vol. 33) - Sarah Bessey

[...] People of Colour Blog, Too – 25 Christian Blogs You Should Be Reading by Christena Cleaveland [...]

50. randywoodley
    randywoodley August 30, 2013 at 6:01 PM |

Thanks for the blog list of color, and for your great blog… Our blog was not included in the list but admittedly, we go in spurts, we are in the Island of Portlandia (that’s a joke) and I made it a point in the beginning not to brand my name so that any person who has something intelligent to say about Faith and Color is welcome to post. So, I’m not complaining. I do think readers will enjoy the perspectives we put forth around the issues concerning race and diversity. The (most) regulars are myself (Native American), Bo Sanders (White All American :) and Daniel Fan (Chinese American).

Randy Woodley, Ethnic Space and Faith

51. Weekend Reading (Complete with recommended reading on all the major bases of this week: Syria, Miley, race and women) | crazy little thing called love

[...] Reads: People of Color Blog Too (25 Christian Blogs You Should Be Reading)  “More to the point, the fact that privileged folks continue to enjoy the largest voice in [...]

52. sonyamacdesigns
    sonyamacdesigns August 31, 2013 at 6:03 PM |

Thanks … for the awesome list, looking forward to reading your book. Found you with the help of Deidra Riggs.

53. Things I read that made me think: 9/1/2013 | Mercy not Sacrifice

[...] 4) Christena Cleveland: People of Color Blog Too (25 Christian Blogs You Should Be Reading) One of the things that I’ve been convicted by is how much I end up reading other white nerdy guys in the blogosphere. I need to broaden my horizons. Thankfully Christena Cleveland has curated this list of quality Christian bloggers from a more diverse background to check out. 5) Micah Murray: What Elysium Taught Me About the Kingdom of God I went to see the movie Elysium because of this post. It’s a very powerful movie that everyone should check out, and I will be writing my own review of it very soon. Thanks to Micah for calling attention to it. [...]

54. Kristen
    Kristen September 2, 2013 at 2:18 PM |

I need this list, and the other links here. Thank you.

55. Week’s Links |
    Week’s Links | September 7, 2013 at 6:46 PM |

[...] People of Color Blog Too (25 Christian Blogs You Should Be Reading) (Christena Cleveland) [...]

56. semicolonsherry
    semicolonsherry September 8, 2013 at 9:27 PM |

Thanks for the list. I would suggest
    Mitali Perkins’ Fire Escape: http://www.mitaliblog.com

57. Ryan
    Ryan September 11, 2013 at 8:05 PM |
  58. Diane Bullock
    Diane Bullock September 21, 2013 at 8:17 PM |

Hi Christena,

Thanks so much for sharing. My name is Diane Bullock and I am the Author of the newly released book titled, CHOSEN: The Master, My Mother, The Ministry and Me. In CHOSEN, I share my personal testimony about the pain I suffered throughout my life. Unfortunately, the worst hurt that I encountered was the racism and harassment I endured as a woman of color in the workplace.

Fortunately, I discovered that God allowed all of the cruelty, as He prepared me for the ministry. Today, I am an Evangelist and Co-founder of Broken Vessels Ministries. Surprisingly, the readers, mainly women, (African Americans and Caucasians) have told me that my story is their stories too. A few weeks ago, after a church service, a Caucasian lady approached me with tears in her eyes. She told me that she had read my book and she briefly shared her experience with racism and harassment also.

As African Americans and Christians, we should speak out about the need for diversity and common ground for all races. Visit my website for more information about CHOSEN. http://www.chosendianebullock.com

Comments are closed.